Open Position: Quantitative Developer
New York Office (The Millburn Corporation)
Reports to Director of Research
Millburn seeks a quantitative developer candidate for our research team with a focus on improving our systematic research and investment platform. Research team members are responsible for solving problems relating to the development of and improvement of investment approaches for the markets we trade.
Millburn's Research team is responsible for the research and development of quantitative strategies and portfolio management across major asset classes (Futures, FX, and ETF markets). Millburn’s strategies trade both long and short, seeking superior risk-adjusted returns with minimal correlation to traditional long-only indices. Members of the research team come from diverse quantitative backgrounds.
The Research team favors an open, academic environment as opposed to a silo approach, encouraging idea generation and collaboration, while benefiting from close peer review and constructive criticism. The team is focused on a constant, iterative process of improving portfolio construction and risk- adjusted returns for each investment we trade.
Nature and Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop and optimize new model features based on fundamental, trade tick, and order book data. These features will be used in trading strategies, portfolio optimization, and predictive cost models
- Design improvements to the research and investment platform to improve efficiency and incorporate short term alpha strategies
- Research and integrate new statistical machine learning tools into our research platform
- Attend weekly research meetings to present new ideas and provide feedback and suggestions to other team members
Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least two years of experience designing and developing software in a production environment
- Experience with OneTick database is desired
- Strong programming skills in at least one of R, Python, C++, or MATLAB
- Experience working with fundamental, trade, and order book tick data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a degree from a top-tier institution in a quantitative discipline
What We Offer:
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow an established firm. We offer a culture of independent thinking, while providing many opportunities for learning and career growth. We also offer a highly competitive salary and bonus with outstanding benefits including Medical Coverage, Flexible Savings Account, Health Savings Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage and a 401(k) plan.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Elaine Magalona - HR Manager
The Millburn Corporation
1270 Avenue of the Americas 11th Floor
New York, NY 10020
Note: This position outline reflects the general responsibilities and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this position. Nothing in this position outline restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Millburn Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Millburn Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.